Mayastor provides following replication services for disaster recovery and data protection needs.
|This type of mirroring is for servers with embedded nothing shared storage. Data writes to secondary server are acknowledged only after stable writes. This mode of operation guarantees the best data integrity but with expense of increased latency. Recommended for deployment that cannot tolerate any dataloss.|
In unsafe mode of asynchronous mirroring data write from primary server do not wait for any acknowledgement from secondary. This may provide better performance but some amount of recent changes will be lost in the event of primary server failure.
There is async-safe mirroring which will wait for acknowledgement from secondary mirror that data writes were received in memory but not yet written to stable storage.
|In mode of mirroring periodic snapshots are taken at regular intervals defined in the policy and only the changes tracked between the recent two snapshots will be replicated. The secondary server will maintain point in time consistence till the last snapshot that was received. The lowest snapshot schedule of 1 min is the RPO (Recovery Point Objective) achievable in this mode.|
To setup and mange replication from web console:
- Click Manage Replication sidebar menu to enable, start, stop or schedule replication service.
- Select Volume by clicking on the check-box.
- Click Enable to create replication pair which opens up to following dialog
- Enter Remote Server IP address that will be the replication target and hitting <Tab> will automatically populate Available Volumes from remote server
- Select Remote Volume which will be destination.
- Select the type of replication in Replication Parameters
- Select the Preferred Network interface if you have other networks intended for replication traffic
- Enter Sync Rate which specifies how much network bandwidth the replication traffic can use, if you are sharing the network with the regular data traffic. You may set to 100% if there is dedicated network for replication traffic.
- Click Finish to save the replication configuration.
- For snapshot based replication set the replication policy by clicking Schedule as shown for another volume testvol1
- Then start the initial replication and track the progress of replication.
After initial sync completes successfully the Status changes to Updated.